You're Invited: White House Rural Economic Forum in Oxford, MS
If you haven't heard - we are teaming up with the White House Business Council, the White House Rural Council, the Small Business Administration, and the Appalachian Regional Commission to host a Rural Economic Forum focusing on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. We know that keeping our economy moving in the right direction starts with helping entrepreneurs across the Delta do what they do best - create good-paying jobs in our communities. The Rural Economic Forum is designed to help our entrepreneurs and small business owners do just that.
On July 12th - we are going to learn more about:
- Accessing Capital and Government Contracting
- Starting a New Business
- Increasing Micro Loans
- Growing th Delta's Entrepreneurial Community
Please check out the information below released yesterday from the White House which includes important details for this Thursday.
Delta Regional Authority
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of Communications
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 9, 2012
The White House Business Council, the White House Rural Council, the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Delta Regional Authority, and the Appalachian Regional Commission, host forum on entrepreneurship, innovation and job creation in rural areas
WASHINGTON, DC – On Thursday, July 12th, the White House Business Council, the Delta Regional Authority, the White House Rural Council, the Appalachian Regional Commission, and the U.S. Small Business Administration, will host a Rural Economic Forum at Ole Miss in Oxford Mississippi. Among many topics important to entrepreneurs in rural areas, the White House and Administration officials will discuss the Administration’s support for policies that grow our economy by harnessing the potential of entrepreneurs and small business owners in rural communities.
The Oxford Rural Economic Forum is the eighth of a multi-city series designed to connect entrepreneurs and business owners to the local and national resources and the networks they need to grow, hire and innovate; and to discuss ways to enhance their success. Previous Economic Forums were held in New York City in February; in Birmingham, Alabama, Los Angeles, California, and Las Vegas, Nevada in March; as well as Phoenix, Arizona, in April and Kansas City, Missouri and Detroit, Michigan in May.
This event is open to pre-credentialed media. Media interested in covering this event should RSVP HERE by Wednesday July 11th, 2012 at 6pm EDT. Due to limited space, this event is by invitation only to the public. The event will be streamed live at www.whitehouse.gov/live. You can also follow the forum and join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #RuralEconForum.
July 12th, 2012
8:00am – 1:15pm
The Inn at Ole Miss, Oxford, Mississippi
SPEAKERS AND PANELISTS:
- Marie Johns, Deputy Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Ari Matusiak, Executive Director, White House Business Council, White House
- Chris Masingill, Federal Co-Chairman, Delta Regional Authority
- Earl Gohl, Federal Co-Chairman, Appalachian Regional Commission
- Bill Bynum, Director, Hope Enterprise Corporation
- J. R. Jones, Co-Founder, SanJo Security Services
- Vernon R. Kelley III, Executive Director, Three Rivers Planning and Development District
- Guy Lipscomb, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Southern Motion
- L. Ray Moncrief, Executive Vice President and COO, Kentucky Highlands Development Corporation
- Dr. Barbara Ousby, Co-Founder and Vice President, C&B Enterprises Incorporated
- John Brandon, Associate Program Manager, Mississippi Development Authority
- Thomas Darnell, President of Hines County, BancorpSouth