NEWS: DRA new website launches new tools to drive investment, innovation, entrepreneurshipJanuary 20, 2015
CLARKSDALE, Miss. – The Delta Regional Authority’s new website will provide residents and entrepreneurs across the Mississippi River Delta and Alabama Black Belt region with new tools to identify and secure investment and resources, the agency announced today.
“An important part of our efforts to help drive economic development in Delta communities is to stay connected with our stakeholders, friends, and partners and provide a platform for Delta residents to stay connected with us. DRA.gov now provides increased services and streamlined information for each person that we work with as well as those that don't know us yet,” DRA Federal Co-Chairman Chris Masingill said.
The new DRA.gov platform provides a number of enhancements to allow for more effective and efficient use, including:
- New face for the homepage that provides a dashboard with helpful links for navigating the website, videos, and pictures that describe DRA’s flagship programs and initiatives, and up-to-date news through the agency’s Twitter feed;
- State-specific pages that provide quick facts on DRA investments in that state, contact information for state board members and Governors, news and events for each state, and a mapping tool to explore DRA’s footprint;
- Interactive Mapping that better explains the DRA’s footprint and economic status of its counties with further investment tracking and data mapping capabilities coming soon;
- Newsroom archives of press releases, newsletters, Chairman's briefings, and DRA spotlights that can be filtered to help visitors find recent and past news regarding DRA and its communities; and
- Resource section that provides valuable links, contact information, and data to help economic developers, local leadership, small business owners, and entrepreneurs strengthen their communities.
This is the first round of a series of improvements to DRA.gov. In the coming months, the agency will be launching a new portal for its flagship federal investment program—the States’ Economic Development Assistance Program (SEDAP)—with enhanced application, tracking, and project management capabilities; a leadership portal to support members of the Delta Leadership Institute; and a section for the Delta Doctors program that will help Delta hospitals connect with highly-qualified physicians interested in serving medically underserved communities.
About the Delta Regional Authority
The Delta Regional Authority is a federal-state partnership created by Congress in 2000 to help create jobs, build communities, and improve lives through strategic investments in economic development in 252 counties and parishes across eight states. Through the past twelve project cycles, the DRA is helping to create and retain 41,000 jobs. These investments have leveraged $2.7 billion in other public and private investment with DRA projects that are helping to train 26,000 for a 21st century workforce and provide more than 61,000 families access to clean water and sewer services.
***We encourage members of the media to visit our Newsroom section, which provides an easy filter tool for visitors to view recent press releases from the DRA as well as search archived releases and news from previous years.